TimeTec Mobile is a real-time solution aimed to provide maximum convenience and flexibility, especially to industries having staff who are constantly on-the-move, enabling them to report their attendance wherever they are, check their attendance sheet record, and view their reports.
Each mobile phone has its own mobile ID. When a user first time login to TimeTec TA account using TimeTec HR mobile app, they will be asked to set their current mobile phone as default mobile device. And by doing so, a unique mobile ID will be assigned to the mobile phone, and TimeTec TA will store this particular mobile ID.
With that, the user can do mobile clocking through the mobile phone, and they will not be able to do so through other mobile phones. This feature was developed to avoid buddy punching occurrences and TimeTec Mobile stores the location of the clocking activities in the data.
And it’s a known fact as well that people change their mobile phones quite regularly. Hence, when a user changes his mobile phone, the mobile ID must be reset to get a new mobile ID for the new phone so that mobile clocking can be done as usual.
There are 2 options to reset user’s Mobile ID. The first option is reset by user itself by pairing code that is send to the user’s email. The second option is Mobile ID reset by Administrator which we will be focusing on in this Article.
By following these steps, the administrator will be able to clear the mobile ID of a user that wants to change to a new mobile phone. This option is much faster and easier because user can just relogin the TimeTec HR App without hassle.
There are 2 alternatives to reset Mobile ID:
Reset through Manage User settings.
Reset through Assign Users to Device settings.
We will go through both steps to let you choose which steps that you find much easier and preferred.
A. Reset through Manage User settings.
1. Admin login into TimeTec account, www.timetecta.com and go to User > Manage User and you may search for users based on their details (e.g. Name or User ID).
2. Locate the User that you wish to update and click the Settings button (Gear icon) on the right side.
3. Click on TA App Access Menu and Locate the Mobile ID section. Tick the Reset Mobile ID checkbox to reset the user’s Mobile ID and click Save button to proceed saving changes. You may recheck and confirm that the Mobile ID section is empty.
4. That’s it, the Mobile ID has been reset and you may ask the User to relogin back using their login credentials from the new Mobile Phones.
B. Reset through Assign Users to Device settings.
1. Admin login into TimeTec account, www.timetecta.com and go to Device > Assign Users to Device and you may search for users based on their details (e.g. Name or User ID).
2. Select the affected User > Click the Edit button.
3. Click on Delete button (Garbage icon) to clear Mobile ID and don’t forget to click Save button to proceed with changes.
4. You may recheck and confirm that the Mobile ID section is empty. Ask the user to login to TimeTec HR Mobile app again. Once done, a new mobile ID will be assigned to this user account.